Yellowtail Yubuki with Coriander Salad & Yuzu Espuma
Type of Dish Sashimi
- 300 g Yellowtail fillet (sashimi grade)
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yuzu (grated zest)
- 60 g sugar
- 30 g salt
- to taste black pepper
- 50 g (1/2 cup) coriander leaves
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced and rinsed in icy water)
- 1 bunch daikon cress
- 220 ml water
- 60 ml cream
- 10 ml yuzu juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 leaves gelatin
- To marinate fish mix (60g sugar with 30g salt) together and rub all over the fish, wrap the fish tightly in cling film with the sugar and salt and leave in the fridge for 3 ½ hours.
- Remove fish from salt mixture, wash the fish very well in cold running water for 5 minutes. Blanch the yellowtail in boiling water for 8 seconds and plunge into icy water to cool. Dry the fish well on kitchen paper, coat the fish with 30ml olive oil, yuzu zest, a pinch of black pepper, wrap tightly in cling film (or use a vac pack machine if you have it). Marinate for 24 hours.
- Remove fillet from wrap and wipe off oil and yuzu, slice fish into (8mm thick) slices with a sharp sashimi knife. Arrange slices on 4 plates.
- For coriander salad mix red onion, daikon cress and coriander leaves together and set aside.
- For yuzu espuma heat up the water with a pinch of salt and melt the gelatin inside, remove from heat, add yuzu juice and cream whisk well, cool quickly over ice. Put the mix in an espuma can and charge with N2o gas.
- Garnish the sashimi with coriander salad and yuzu espuma.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.