Sea Bass Sashimi with Fresh Fruit, Jalapeno & Ginger Foam
Type of Dish Sashimi
- 250 g (1 ¼ lbs) sea bass fillet (sashimi grade)
- 1/2 mango (sliced)
- 4 large strawberries (quartered)
- 2 kiwi fruit (quartered)
- 1/2 pack pack shiso cress
- 1/2 daikon cress
- 1 jalapeno chili (thinly sliced)
- 16 small basil leaves (for garnish)
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) water
- 6 ml (1 tsp) ginger juice
- 3 ml (½ tsp) lemon juice
- 2 g (½ tsp) sugar
- 1/2 g (1/8 tsp) salt
- 2 g (½ tsp) lecithin powder
- To make the ginger foam mix water, ginger juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt and lecithin, warm gently and froth with a hand held electric mixer.
- Slice the sea bass and prepare the fruits. Arrange the sliced fruits randomly arount the plate and lean the sliced sashimi against the fruit, garnish with sliced chili herbs and cress and finally the ginger foam.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.