Spicy Tuna Steak with Bean Sprouts & Raspberry Vinaigrette
Type of Dish Salad
- 450 g (1 lb) tuna (cut into 4 steaks)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) Cajun spice
- 150 ml rice vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 50 g sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) raspberry vinegar
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g Mixed leaves
- 10 g (2 tsp) toasted white sesame seeds
- 20 coriander leaves
- To make vinaigrette, mix 15ml (1 Tbsp) raspberry vinegar with 30ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil). For the bean sprouts, plave the sprout in a bowl, put 150ml rice vinegar, 100ml water and 50g sugar in a small saucepan bring to a simmer and pour over the bean sprouts, leave them to cool in this liquid until ready to use.
- Season tuna steaks with Cajun spice. Sauté steaks in 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a hot fry pan. Cook them medium rare, this should take about 1 1/2 minutes per side depending on thickness of steaks).
- Dress mixed leaves with a little raspberry vinaigrette. Arrange the dressed leaves in the center of 4 serving plates. Place the tuna steaks on top, garnish with pickled bean sprouts, coriander leaves and scatter sesame seeds on top.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 8 minutes.