Seared Chicken Livers with Pancetta & Teriyaki Vinaigrette
Type of Dish Salad
- 300 g (3/4 lb) chicken livers (trimmed)
- 300 g (3/4 lb) Chinese leaf (thinly sliced)
- 100 g (1/4 lb) pancetta (cut into lardons)
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) teriyaki sauce
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Extra virgin olive oil
- 20 coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Season livers with salt and pepper, sauté in a hot skillet until well coloured (about 4 minutes) add 2 Tbsp of teriyaki sauce stir for 30 to 40 seconds, remove livers from pan , leave to rest on a plate, reduce the teriyaki by 50 %. Pour teriyaki over the livers (keep warm)
- To make vinaigrette whisk together 30ml (2 Tbsp)balsamic, 30ml (2 Tbsp)olive oil and 30ml (2 Tbsp) teriyaki.
- Sauté pancetta in a hot pan for 2 to 3 minutes. (and reserve). In a large bowl dress the Chinese leaf with 2 Tbsp of Teriyaki vinaigrette. Arrange the dressed leaves onto 4 serving plates, pile up the warm livers and pancetta on top, garnish the top with spring onions and spring onions. Serve immediately.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.