Feta Pearls with Watermelon Caviar and Balsamic Reduction
Type of Dish Amuse Bouche
- 200 g Feta (Sheep & Goats)
- 15 ml Milk
- 15 ml Cream
- 500 ml Water (for algin bath)
- 4 g Algin (for algin bath)
- 250 ml balsamic (reduced by 50%)
- 250 g watermelon juice (for watermelon caviar)
- 10 g sugar (for watermelon caviar)
- 2.5 g algin (for watermelon caviar)
- 500 ml water (for gluco bath)
- 4 g gluco (for gluco bath)
- 1/2 cucumber (fine dice for garnish)
- 8 sprigs mint (for garnish)
- 8 ml herb oil (for garnish)
- (Feta pearls) Make algin bath by blending water and algin together at room temp with hand mixer, rest until bubbles are gone. Mix feta, milk and cream in a food processor. With teaspoons drop 6g sized feta mixture into Gluco bath and leave for one minute. Transfer to water bath.
- (watermelon caviar) peel and chop fresh watermelon. Liquefy in a food processor, pass through a fine sieve. For 250ml of watermelon juice add 10g sugar and 2.5g of algin. Make a gluco bath by mixing 500ml of water with 4g Gluco. Drop the watermelon liquid into the gluco bath with a syring to for watermelon caviar.
- Arrange feta pearls and watermelon caviar on a glass plate and decorate with garnishes.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 1 hour.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.