Roast Duck with Pumpkin Puree & Spicy Grape Miso
Type of Dish Main Course
- 2 duck breasts (400g/1 lb each)
- 1 stem lemongrass (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 slices fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 400 g pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
- 100 ml milk
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Marinade duck breasts for 4 to 6 hours with lemongrass, garlic, ginger and spring onion
- Season pumpkin with salt, pepper and 15 ml olive oil, wrap pumpkin in foil and bake at 180C for 1 hour until soft. Mix with hot milk in a food processor until smooth (adjust seasoning with salt and pepper)
- Season duck with salt and pepper color duck at medium to high temperature in a skillet, transfer to an oven and roast at 180C for about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to rest in a warm place for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Put a large quenelle of pumpkin puree in the center of 4 hot plates, lean the roast duck against the mash. Drizzle with each plate with spicy grape miso sauce.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.