White Chocolate Mousse with Spicy Kiwi Compote
Type of Dish Dessert
- 4 4 Italian sponge fingers
- 250 g (9 oz) white chocolate (chopped)
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) sugar
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) water
- 3 egg whites
- 200 ml (6 ¾ fl oz)cream
- 120 g (4 oz) Kiwi (chopped)
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) Sugar
- 20 ml (1½ Tbsp) water
- 10 g (2 tsp) glucose
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) plum wine
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) vanilla syrup
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) orange zest
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) passion fruit juice
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) yuzu juice
- 1/2 red chili
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 star anise
- To make spicy kiwi compote put 45g sugar in a hot pan and let it turn to caramel, stop the caramel with 20ml (1½ Tbsp) of water. Add glucose, plum wine, vanilla syrup, orange zest, passion fruit juice, yuzu juice, chili, cinnamon and star anise. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes for spices to infuse, add the kiwi fruit, cook for 2 to3 minutes, remove from heat and reserve.
- For the mousse, melt chocolate in a ban marie. Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks. Combine the sugar and water and boil the syrup to 110°C, slowly pour the hot syrup into the whipped eggs whites (continue whisking as you add the hot syrup).
- Let chocolate cool to room temperature, gently add chocolate to egg white and whisk it in to combine.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into the chocolate and egg white mixture. (The white chocolate and egg white mixture should be at room temperature).
- Soak 4 sponge fingers with a little bit of the juice from the kiwi compote, break each piece in half, place 2 pieces each in the bottom of 4 large martini glasses. Pipe 80 g of white chocolate mousse on top of each. Put 18g of kiwi compote on top of each.
- Make 4 sugar decorations by melting isomalt to caramel point, cool it down and drizzle onto silpat. Use the Isomalt decoration to garnish each finished mousse.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 40 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.