Basil & Lemongrass Panna Cotta with Asian Fruit Compote
Type of Dish Dessert
- 14 fresh basil leaves
- 2 lemongrass (chopped)
- 750 ml (25fl oz) cream
- 250 ml (8.5 fl oz) milk
- 8 leaves gelatin
- 120 g (4.2 oz) sugar
- 100 g (¼ lb) pineapple
- 100 g (¼ lb) lychee Fruit
- 100 g (¼ lb) mango
- 150 ml (1/3 lb) caramel
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- To make the panna cotta, heat up the milk and cream with lemongrass and sugar, leave to infuse for 1 hour. Pass liquid through a fine sieve. Bring milk and cream mixture to a boil add basil and gelatin, remove from heat immediately, liquefy and cool down quickly over an ice bath.
- For the compote, chop the fruit. Simmer star anise and vanilla in the caramel syrup. Add the fruit , simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the panna cotta mixture into serving bowls and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours until set.
- to serve spoon 20g of compot on top of each portion.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.