Gingered Watermelon Tartar with Soy Jelly
Type of Dish Amuse Bouche
- 200 g (1/2lb) Water melon (chopped)
- 3 g (1/4 tsp) fresh ginger (grated)
- 18 ml (3.6 tsp) Soy Sauce
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) Mineral water
- 8 ml (1.6 tsp) Lemon juice
- 6 g (1.1 tsp) sugar
- 1 gelatin leaf
- Chop melon and mix with ginger. Spoon the 50g of mixture into each small shot glass, place in the fridge to cool.
- Warm up the water, add the gelatin leaf, let the gelatin melt, add the remaining ingredients, pour into a small tray, place in the fridge and leave it to set. Once the soy jelly is set, remove from fridge and chop with a knife. With a small teaspoon put 15g of jelly on top of melon in each shot glass. Serve cold as an amuse bouche before dinner. This is quite refreshing in the summertime.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.