Smoked Ham & Coca-Cola Caviar with Chopped Melon & Midori froth
Type of Dish Amuse Bouche
- 80 g (3 oz) Sweet melon (chopped)
- 40 ml (2 ½ Tbsp) Midori liquor
- 20 ml (1 1/3 Tbsp) mineral water
- 3 g (1/2 tsp) Lecithin powder
- 250 ml (8.5fl oz) coca cola
- 30 g (1 oz) smoked ham
- 4.5 g (1 tsp) algin
- 500 ml (17 fl oz) water
- 8.5 g (1.7 tsp) Gluco
- Using a small pastry ring with a (3cm) diameter put 20g of chopped melon in the middle of each Chinese spoon, place in the fridge to chill.
- To make coca cola caviar, Boil the coke and ham until the bubbles stop (about 5 minutes), leave to cool, pass through a fine chinoise.
- Add the algin powder to the cooked coca cola and mix well, reserve. Make a gluco bath by whisking 4g of gluco powder into 500ml of water. Put the ham flavoured coca cola into a syringe and drip it into the gluco bath to make the caviar.
- To make the Midori froth mix the 40ml of midori with 20ml water, add lecithin and froth with a hand mixer.
- To finish this amuse bouche, place about 8 coca cola caviar on top of melon on each spoon, garnish with midori froth.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.