Fresh Fig with Goats Cheese and Yuzu Chili sauce
Type of Dish Amuse Bouche
- 1 large fig (cut into quarters)
- 20 g (1 1/3 Tbsp) goat’s cheese
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cream
- 4 basil leaves
- 5 g (1 tsp) sambal oelek
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Tomato ketchup
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) Japanese yuzu juice
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
- Mix goat’s cheese with cream to soften it. To make the yuzu chili sauce mix sambal, ketchup, yuzu juice and olive oil together and reserve.
- Place a piece of fig on a Chinese spoon, top with a quenelle of goat’s cheese drizzle 2g of sauce over the top and place a small basil leaf on top. Repeat process to make a total of 4 spoons. Serve cold.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 10 minutes.