Moroccan Carrot Dip
Type of Dish Appetiser
- 800 g (2 lbs) carrots
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 2 g (1/3 tsp) cumin powder
- 45 g (3 Tbsp) Greek yogurt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) salad oil (to cook the carrots)
- 8 g (2 tsp) fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Peel the carrots. Season the carrots with salad oil, bay leaf, salt, pepper and a crushed garlic clove. Wrap them in tin foil and cook on the BBQ for about 2 hours (until soft). Start at high temperature and then reduce to low.
- When the carrots are cooked leave them to cool to room temperature. Put the cooked carrots and the remaining ingredients into a food processor and mix to a puree. adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Serve this dip cold or at room temp with just about a mezze or a BBQ, it goes well with almost anything. I do recommend it with BBQ scallops or seafood kebabs though. It also goes well with lamb. The carrot dip should be spread onto hot pitta bread. You may also like to serve with tortilla chips.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 25 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour and 30 minutes.