Apple and Miso BBQ Sauce
Type of Dish Sauce
- 1 apple (peeled and grated)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 60 g (4 Tbsp) Inaka miso (or sweet white miso)
- 2 g (¼ tsp) Hot chilli sauce (just a hint)
- 15 ml (1 Tnsp) Mitsukan ponzu
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) Honey
- 5 g (1 tsp) garlic puree
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) rice vinegar
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) tonkatsu sauce (or okonomiyaki sauce)
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) apple juice
- Cook the garlic in the olive oil for 2 to 3 min. add the apple and soon after the vinegar and miso cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Try it with pork chops...or any meat you like. If you don't have tonkatsu or okonomiyaki sauce just use HP sauce or brown sauce
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.