Couscous Salad with Fresh Mint & Virgin Oil
Type of Dish Salad
- 300 g (3/4lb) couscous
- 1 red bell pepper (fine dice)
- 1 red onion (fine dice)
- 1 small cucumber (fine dice)
- 1/4 bunch mint (chopped)
- 1/4 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 300 ml (1 1/2 cups) boiling water
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- Put the couscous in a bowl, pour the boiling water on top. Cover and leave for 25 minutes to become soft.
- Fluff the couscous with your fingers to separate the grains.
- Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- add the remaining vegetables and herbs
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.