Jasmine Tea Smoked Lamb with Garlic & Star Anise
Type of Dish Main Course
- 1 kg (2.2lbs) lamb rack
- 100 g (1/4lb) sugar
- 50 g (1/8 lb) salt
- 5 star anise
- 5 cloves garlic
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) ginger (chopped)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) jasmine tea (to marinade)
- 150 g (1/3lb) jasmine tea (for smoking)
- Mix ingredients together, rub all over the lamb. Leave to marinade for 3 to 4 hours.
- Rinse lamb with water to remove excess salt. Dry on kitchen paper.
- Put lamb in a smoker and smoke with the 150g of Jasmine tea for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook lamb on BBQ until pink. (about 20 minutes until you get 45 to 48C at centre of meat).
- Leave lamb to rest for 10 minutes, slice the lamb and serve, it goes well with couscous salad and red bell salsa.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 45 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.