Sirloin Steak with Thai Curry Butter
Type of Dish Main Course
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) sirloin steak (4 x 250g steaks)
- 300 g (3/4 lb) butter
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Green Thai curry paste
- 50 ml (3 ½ Tbsp) chopped coriander
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Thai fish sauce
- Leave the butter at room temp for 1 hour until soft. Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix well. Spread out a sheet of cling film on the table and put the butter on top, roll it up to form a sausage shape about 5 to 6 cm in diameter. refrigerate until ready to use, as you use it, just cut off slices with a sharp knife.
- You can melt it on top of BBQ chicken or steaks as they come off the grill. Another way to use this flavoursome butter is to wrap vegetables in a tin foil parcel with a slice of Thai butter inside and then cook on top of the BBQ.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.