Thai Style BBQ Sea bass with Lemongrass & Chili
Type of Dish Main Course
- 1 2kg sea bass
- 3 sticks lemongrass (chopped)
- 2 red chili (chopped)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) fresh ginger (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 20 g (1 1/2 Tbsp) coriander stems (chopped)
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (sliced)
- 2 limes (juiced & zested)
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 200 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Thai fish sauce (Squid Brand)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) sugar
- 7 g (1 1/2 tsp) Thai red curry paste (Mae Ploy Brand)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) fresh coriander leaf (for garnish)
- To marinade put 30ml olive oil, lemon grass, red chili, ginger, garlic, coriander stems, kaffir lime leaves and lime zest in a bowl and mix together. Pour the marinade over the fish and marinate for 3 to 4 hours. Cook the fish on the BBQ and baste with any of the remaining marinade juices.
- For the sauce, in a small pan cook the onion and curry paste in 15ml olive oil, until soft. Add the coconut milk and cook slowly for about one hour until the sauce thickens. At the end add sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and chopped coriander.
- To serve, put the cooked fish on a large plate and pour the sauce all over it. Garnish with a little chopped red chili and some whole coriander leaves. Serve with cold beer.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.