Miso Marinated Butterfish
Type of Dish main Course
- 500 g (1.1lb) butterfish steaks
- 300 g (3/4 lb) white Miso
- 90 ml (1/2 cup) Sake (Ozeki)
- 90 ml (1/2 cup) mirin (Mitsukan honteri)
- 100 g (1/4 lb) Sugar
- Mix the together the miso, sake, mirin and sugar and cook in a banmarie for 20 to 30 min until it thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Leave sauce to cool. Marinate fish in sauce for one night, then cook fish over charcoal.
- Serve with Japanese pickles.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 1 hour.