BBQ apple Mille Feuille with Walnuts and Honey
Type of Dish Dessert
- 4 apples (peeled and sliced 1cm thick)
- 8 sheets filo pastry (cut into 8cm squares)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 100 g (¼ lb) butter
- 500 ml (16 fl oz) water
- 250 g (17 oz) sugar
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 60 g (4 Tbsp) walnuts (chopped)
- 100 g (¼ lb) crème fraiche
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) Icing sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (for garnish)
- Brush filo with melted butter and bake at180°C (350 °F) for 12 to 15 minutes until crispy and brown.
- Put water a sugar in a pot and bring to a simmer. Boil until sugar is melted, add lemon juice. Add apple slices cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from stove and leave to cool.
- Drain apple slices, place them in a bowl with olive oil and toss well to coat them. Grill apple slices on a hot BBQ to get grill marks on both sides.
- To finish the dish, on serving plates put a slice of apple and then 2 pieces of filo, repeat the process until all apple and filo is used up. Top with a spoon of crème fraiche a sprig of mint and scatter with chopped nuts. Use a small sieve with icing sugar and dust with icing sugar to decorate.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.