Spicy Beef Pho with Rice Noodles
Type of Dish Soup
- 200 g (½ lb) rice noodles (blanched)
- 200 g (½ lb) fillet of beef (thinly Sliced on machine/2mm)
- 120 g (¼ lb) bean sprouts
- 30 g (1 oz) mint, coriander, basil & spring onion (Mixed)
- 4 piece lime wedge (for garnish)
- 1 red chili (chopped for garnish)
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) sriracha chili sauce or (sambal oelek)
- 1.5 lt (1½ quart) beef broth (recipe below)
- Warm up rice noodles and add to serving bowls, put raw sliced beef on top, pour boiling hot soup on top. Top with sautéed bean sprouts and herbs. Serve the garnish on the side, lime wedges, chopped chili and (serve hoisin sauce in dipping cups with a teaspoon). Guests can add the garnishes to the soup to suit their taste.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 1 hour.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 6 hours.