Yuk Hoe (Seasoned Raw Beef)
Type of Dish appetiser
- 450 g (1 lb) beef
- 1 nashi pear
- 4 egg yolks
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) pine nuts (toasted and chopped)
- 3 spring onions (white part only/chopped)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp) rice wine
- 10 g (2 tsp) sugar
- 5 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 12 g (2 ½ tsp) toasted white sesame seeds
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) sesame oil
- 2.5 g ( ½ tsp) black pepper
- Partially freeze the beef to aid in cutting. Slice the beef in roughly 3mm (1/8 inch) thick slices. Cut each slice into about 1/8 inch thick by 3.8cm (1½ inch) long strips.
- Peel and quarter the pear, remove the seed core, slice very thinly, wash in salty water (200ml water/15g salt) and drain.
- Mix seasoning ingredients together in a bowl. Add beef and green onion and mix well. Divide into 4 portions and place in a mound on serving plates. Make a small depression in the center of each beef mound and place one egg yolk inside.
- Place sliced of pear on each serving plate next to the beef.
- Food safety: Make sure the beef is very fresh and comes from a reliable source. Don't take any chances. Remember children and elderly people are most at risk of food poisoning.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.