Seaweed Salad with Sesame Soy Dressing (Kaiso Sarada)
Type of Dish Salad
- 60 g (2 oz) Tosaka Ao Seaweed
- 60 g (2 oz) Tosaka Aka Seaweed
- 60 g (2 oz) Wakame Seaweed
- 1 Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Spring Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Small Cucumber (Thinly Sliced)
- 40 ml (3 Tbsp) Wafu Dressing
- 10 g (3/4 Tbsp) Toasted Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- 1/2 Bunch Daikon Sprouts (garnish)
- Prepare all the ingredients and toss them in a bowl with the wafu dressing. Arrange in serving bowls and garnish with sesame seeds and daikon sprouts.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) Sesame oil
- 200 ml (3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp) Grapeseed oil
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) Soy Sauce
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) Rice Vinegar
- 100 ml (1/3 cup) Water
- 25 g (1 oz) Sugar
- 9 g (1 1/2 tsp) Salt
- 17 g (3 tsp) Black pepper (Freshly Ground)
- 17 g (3 tsp) Japanese Yellow Mustard
- 500 g (1 1/4 lb) Onions finely chopped
- Chop the onions very finely with a knife or use a food processor if you like. Drain the onions well for 1 hour in a sieve to remove the water. Mix all the ingredients together in bowl with a whisk.