- 500 g (1.1lb) Japanese rice
- 750 ml (1.6 pints) water
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) sushi vinegar
- Wash rice well 3 to 4 times and drain well in a colander for 30 minutes. Put rice in rice cooker and cook for 16 to 17 minutes. leave rice inside the rice cooker to rest for 30 minutes. Turn the hot rice into a bowl and dress with rice vinegar. use a wooden spoon to mix the vinegar into the rice. Cover the sushi rice with a damp cloth until ready to use. Keep and room temperature.
- 1 lt (1 quart) rice vinegar
- 640 g (23 oz) sugar
- 200 g (7 oz) salt
- 8 cm kelp seaweed
- Heat all ingredients together in a saucepan until the sugar has dissolved (do not boil). Leave to cool. Keep at room temperature. In a ceiled container you can keep it for several months.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 15 minutes.