Indonesian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Type of Dish main Course
- 800 g (4 cups) long-grain white rice (cooked)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 10 g (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 200 g (8 oz) chicken thighs, no skin no bone (1/2 inch strips)
- 200 g (8 oz) shrimp (raw, peeled)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 10 g (2 tsp) ginger (chopped)
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) dried shrimp paste
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) black pepper
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) sambal oelek
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) oyster sauce
- 15 g (1 Tbsp) ketjap manis
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) spring onions (garnish)
- 40 g (1/2 cup) coriander leaves
- Combine eggs with sesame oil and salt, and put aside, Heat wok over high heat. Add oil, and wait until it is very hot and slightly smoking.
- Add the onions, ginger, shrimp paste, garlic, and pepper, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, squashing the shrimp paste as you go.
- add chicken and shrimp and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add rice and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add sambal oelek, oyster sauce and ketjap manis, continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes. Finally, add egg mixture and continue to stir-fry for another minute. Turn onto large serving platter and garnish with the spring onion and fresh coriander and serve hot.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.