Egg Fried Rice
Type of Dish Side Dish
- 1 egg
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 400 g (14oz) long-grain rice (cooked weight)
- 100 g (4oz) peas
- 4 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 100 g (4oz) beansprouts
- 10 ml (2 tsp) soy sauce
- To taste ground white pepper
- Beat egg and sesame oil together and put to one side. Heat vegetable oil in a wok, when it's almost smoking, add the rice and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until completely heated through.
- Add the peas, spring onions and beansprouts. Stir-fry, turning the rice constantly around the pan, for about 3 minutes. Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan.
- Add some oil and pour the beaten egg mixture into the other side and leave for about 10 seconds so it begins to set. Using a wok ladle swirl around the egg to break it up and then toss around with the rice. Stir-fry for a further minute and serve straight away.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 30 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.