Type of Dish Side Dish
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fish sauce
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) water
- 20 g (11/2 Tbsp) sugar
- 5 g (1 tsp) salt
- 2 spring onions (white only, chopped)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil (for brushing)
- Prepare grill or preheat an ungreased cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Very lightly brush the corn with oil and cook on the grill or in the skillet.
- Cook, turning every 2-3 minutes, until the kernels are tender and nicely charred, (about 10 minutes)
- Heat the 2 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat until very hot but not smoking, add the green onions sauté for 10 seconds, add fish sauce, water, sugar and salt and heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Brush cooked corn with the sauce return to grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes turning often, brush one more time and serve hot.
Preparation Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.
Cooking Time is approxmiately 20 minutes.